The department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000 with the introduction of B.E.(I.T.) programme. This programme aims to prepare students to either pursue a professional carrier immediately after graduation or to continue with post graduate studies. Many student projects at final year are carried out in association with the industries .M.Tech. IT program was started in the year 2019, which prepare students for research and development and gives better job opportunities. The curriculum of the courses is reviewed and revised regularly often involving suggestions from stake holders like student alumni, parents and employee. The department has well equipped laboratories for teaching learning and research. To equip the student better for their future, they are sent for internship and do industry oriented project.
Detail information about the department is as follows:
- Year of establishment - 2000
- Well qualified faculties, 1 Professor, 3 Associate professors, having PG and Ph. D. from IITs, NIT and other reputed institutions.
- Well equipped laboratories - e.g. cloud computing lab, mobile computing lab
- Consultancy to industries
- Placements in reputed organizations with higher packages
- Some faculties has applied for Research Projects under various scheme of government
- Good publications from faculties and students
- R&D- high level and basic research
- Smart classrooms with latest teaching aids
- Courses: B.Tech.-IT, M.Tech.-IT
- Regular conducted academic activities like invited expert talks, workshops, industry visits.
To create IT technocrats equipped with skills, ethics and social values for developing globalized and technological solutions for betterment of society through transformative education.
M1: To enable students become technocrats who can cater the growing manpower need of the industry for economic development.
M2:To build a center of excellence on frontier areas of Information Technology and related domain.
M3: To impart quality and value based education in Information Technology to enable students solve real world problems with an inclination towards betterment of society.