- Designation: Professor and Head
- Employee ID: 9071
- Qualification: Ph.D.
- Date of Joining: 22/12/2003
- : Detailed Profile
Dr. Arun Parakh
- About Faculty: Dr. Arun Parakh is a Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Shri G.S. Institute of Technology and Science (SGSITS), Indore (MP). He obtained his Diploma in Electrical Engg. from Shri Vaishnav Polytechnic Indore with honors in 1992, B.E.(Hons.) in Electrical Engg. from SGSITS Indore in 1996, ME. from Computer Science Dept. SGSITS in 2003 and Ph.D in Computer Science and Engg from I.I.T Delhi in 2016. He worked as a Web Developer and Software Engineer in 1996 and 2000 where he was involved in designing and implementing of enterprise applications, web applications and corporate trainer. For the last 18 years, he is involved in teaching and research in the areas of digital systems design, electronic design automation and embedded systems. He has supervised more than hundred UG and PG students and published nearly 25 conference and journal papers. Further he has chaired session in international conference at Innsbruck, Austria and presented research paper in Shanghai, China. He has developed a High Performance computing lab at SGSITS, Indore with collaboration of IIT Delhi. He has also organized several short term courses, workshop and poster exhibitions. He is member of board of study at RGPV, Bhopal. He is actively involved in different administrative roles and responsibilities at the level of department, institute, govt organizations and society.
- Education and Qualification:
MPBTE, BHOPAL, SVP, INDORE
- Work Experience:
Duration of Employment
Web Devloper/ Sr. Instructor
- Research Details:
- Embedded System
- Microprocessor Based System
- Operating System
- Industrial Automation
- High Performance Computing
- Parallel and Many Core Architectures
- IoT, Web Application
- PhD Supervision:
- Vineet Kumar Mishra “Optimal Operation of Power System”, RGPV , Bhopal, Co-guide: Prof. H.K. Verma, SGSITS, Indore, 2019.
- Firoz Mohd. “Power System Operation and Control”, RGPV , Bhopal, Co-guide: Prof. H.K. Verma, SGSITS, Indore, 2019.
- Deepali Kothari “Development of Real Time wireless co-operative communication for remote devices” RGPV, Bhopal, Co-guide: Dr. Anjana Jain , SGSITS, Indore, 2018.
International and National Journals1. Jitendra Singh Rajput Arun Parakh Suresh Ghode, Implementation of short range communication service. In International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, ISSN (print) 2278-9901, ISSN (online) 2278-991x, volume 2, Issue 5, Roseville, CA - 95678, U.S.A, Nov. 2013, Page: 55–642. Suresh Ghode Arun Parakh Jitendra Singh Rajput, Prototype of short range wireless communication for industrial process controller. In International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering , ISSN (print) 2278-9901, ISSN (online) 2278-991x, volume 2, Issue 5, Roseville, CA – 95678, U.S.A, Nov. 2013, page 87–943. Deepesh Kumar Jain, Arun Parakh, Dr. H. K. Verma, Microcontroller Based System For Water Quality Monitoring Using Electronic Sensors, Int. J. of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engg, ISSN (Print) : 2320 – 3765, ISSN (Online): 2278 – 8875, Vol. 3, Special Issue 2, April 2014, page122-1254. Arun Kumar Parakh, M. Balakrishnan, Kolin Paul, Improving Map-Reduce for GPUs with cache, International Journal of High Performance System Architecture, Inderscience Publisher, Geneva, Switzerland, Publisher, ISSN online:1751-6536 ISSN print: 1751-6528, Vol. 5, Issue 3, July 2015, page 166-177,5. Atul Sharma , Dr. Arun Parakh, Design of solar powered induction motor drive for pumping application, international journal of latest trends in engineering and technology, vol.(10)Issue(1), DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21172/1.101.41 e-ISSN:2278-621X, Mar, 2018, page.228-2376. Sanjay Chaturvedi , Dr. Arun Parakh , Dr. H.K. Verma, Wireless sensor network based real time monitoring system for electrical power distribution network, international journal of latest trends in engineering and technology, vol.(10)Issue(1), DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21172/1.101.43 e-ISSN:2278-621X, Mar 2018, page 244-249.
Technical Papers –International /National Conferences1. Shailendra Sharma, R S Tare, S Dwivedi, A Parakh, A Novel Approach To Improve Power Quality In Single Phase UPS, IEEE International Conference at Bikaner, Rajasthan, 20072. R. Saha, S.Sharma, A. Parakh, B. Sarkar, Simulation of sensor less Direct Torque Control based on Model Reference Adaptive System, for 3 phase Induction Machine, IEEE International Conference at Bikaneer, Rajasthan , 20073. R. Saha, S.Sharma, A. Parakh, B. Sarkar, Simulation of Sensor less Direct Torque & Flux (DTC) Control Based On Model Reference Adaptive System (MRAS), for 3 Phase Induction Machines. IEEE International Conference at Bikaneer, Rajasthan , 20074. Somvendra Dubey, Arun Parakh, Shailendra Sharma, Dr. Biswaroop Sarkar, Design and implementation of Feedback Speed Control of Induction Motor using Micro controller, IEEE International Conference at Bikaneer, Rajasthan , 20075. Three Phase Multifunction Display Using Energy Metering IC ADE7754 With The Help Of 89C52 Micro Controller. ( IEEE sponsored International Conference at Bikaneer, Rajasthan , 2007 ) S. K. Vepur, A. Parakh, R S Tarem, N. Tare6. R. Saha, S.Sharma, A. Parakh, B. Sarkar, Development Implementation of Direct Torque Scheme in MATLAB, for 3-phase Induction Machines, National Conference on ITEEPP, Thapar University,Patiala , 2007, [Page: 206-212 ]7. R. Saha, S.Sharma, A. Parakh, B. Sarkar , Novel SVM-DTC based on Imaginary Switching, for3 phase Induction Motor ( National Conference on Power Systems (NCPS-2007), Ujjain Engineering College, Ujjain (M.P) , 2007 ), [Page: 55-59 ]8. S. Dubey,R. Saha, S. Sharma, A. Parakh, B. Sarkar , PC based Design and Implementation of Open Loop Speed Control of Induction Motor ( National Conference on Power Systems (NCPS-2007), Ujjain Engineering College, Ujjain (M.P) , 2007 ),9. S. Dubey, R. Saha, S. Sharma, A. Parakh, B. Sarkar, Design of Algorithm for Data Encryption and Decryption, National Conference on Power Systems (NCPS), Ujjain, 200710. S.Dubey,A.Parakh, S. Sharma, B. Sarkar, Design and Implementation of Feedback based Speed Control of Induction motor, IEEE Int. Conf. at Bikaner, Rajasthan ,200711. Rajeev Sharma, Mayura Purkar, Arun Parakh, Design of Algorithm for Data Encryption and Decryption using Embedded system, In NCETIT-2007, Computer Engineering Department, Shri.G.S. Institute of Technology and Science, , 200712. Awanti Sharma, Arun Parakh, Dr. H.K. Verma, Automatic Response System Using SMS In National Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronic Engg. and Technology (NCETET,2008), MIT, Ujjain , 200813. E. Dongre, D. Dongre, Arun Parakh, Database Application for Mobile Phone Using BREW In 3rd IEEE UKSim European Symposium on Computer Modeling and Simulation, Greece, Italy , 2009, page 523-52814. Arun Kumar Parakh, M. Balakrishnan, Kolin Paul , Performance Estimation for GPUs with Cache In 26th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Programming Symposium workshop(IPDPSw2012), Shanghai China , 2012 , page 2384-239315. Arun Kumar Parakh, M. Balakrishnan, Kolin Paul, Performance estimation and application mapping on different GPUs In 18th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing, Student research Symposium (HiPC2012SRS) Pune, India , 201216. Arun Kumar Parakh, M. Balakrishnan, Kolin Paul, Performance enhancement of Map-Reduce framework on GPU, 11th IASTED Int. Conf. on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks (PDCN 2013), ISBN: 978-0-88986-955-4, Innsbruck, Austria , 2013, page 795-02917. Deepesh Kumar Jain, Arun Parakh, Dr. H. K. Verma, Microcontroller- based System for Water Quality Monitoring using Electronic Sensors, International Conference on Power Control and Instrumentation Engineering (ICPCIE) 2014 , Chennai, TN, India.18. Rameshwari Bisen, H. K. Verma, and Arun Parakh, Hardware Implementation of Serial High Speed point to point Communication protocol. In Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies (ICTCS '14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Nov, 2014, Article 19 ,5 pages19. Priya Badera, S.K. Jain, Arun Parakh and Tarun Sharma, Condition Monitoring of Pharmaceutical Autoclave Germs Removal Using Artificial Neural Network, IEEE 11th International Conferencze on Industrial and Information Systems, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Dec 2016 , page 683-68720. Deepali Kothari, Arun Parakh, Application of wireless technologies in agricultural pumps, “IEEE 6th International Conference on Computing of Power, Energy & Communication ICCPEIC-2017”, Adhiparasakthi Engineering College, Kancheepuram, March, 201721. Jigyasa Singhai and Arun Parakh, IoT Based Real Time Electrical Parameter Monitoring And Control, 10th IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT2021), OIST, Bhopal, 24-25 April, 2021 (Accepted). Book/Book Chapter 1. Pendse A., Parakh A., Verma H.K., Design of Asset Tracking System using Speech Recognition, “3rd International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Intelligent Systems (ICTIC2018)”, April 06-07, 2018, Springer and Institute of Engineers, Ahmedabad, India, In Information and Communication Technology for Intelligent Systems. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, vol 106. Print ISBN 978-981-13-1741-5 Online ISBN 978-981-13-1742-2 Springer, Singapore, page 371-3792. Chaturvedi Sanjay, Parakh A., Verma H.K, Development of a WSN based Data Logger for Electrical Power System, “4th International Conference Information, Communication & Computing Technology (ICICCT-2019)”, May 11, 2019, Springer CCIS Vol.1025, Online ISBN 978-981-15-1384-8, Print ISBN 978-981-15-1383-1, and CSI, International Center, New Delhi, India. Springer Nature Singapore (P) Ltd. 2019, Singapore , Pages 72-833. Sanjay Chaturvedi, Arun Parakh and H. K. Verma, Development of a Wireless Sensor Node for Electrical Power Distribution Monitoring System, 4th International Conference on Smart Computing and Informatics (SCI-2020), Springer, CSI and Department of Computer Science and Engineering Vasavi College of Engineering (Autonomous) Hyderabad, Telangana, India, October 2020 (in press)4. Deepali Kothari, Anjana Jain, Arun Parakh, Chapter 10: IoT-Based Dynamic Traffic Management and Control for Smart City in India (pages 127-139), Computational Methodologies for Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Release Date: March, 2021, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-3327-7 ISBN13: 9781799833277, ISBN10: 1799833275, EISBN13: 9781799833291, ISBN13 Softcover: 9781799833284, IGI Global, USA5. Priya Vijayvargiya, Arun Parakh, Chapter 12: Low-Cost Wireless Speed Control and Fault Mitigation of Three-Phase Induction Motor (pages 150-162), Computational Methodologies for Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Release Date: March, 2021, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-3327-7 ISBN13: 9781799833277, ISBN10: 1799833275, EISBN13: 9781799833291, ISBN13 Softcover: 9781799833284, IGI Global, USA.
- Testing & Consultancy: -
- Other Details:
- Session Chaired in The 11th IASTED International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks (PDCN 2013), Innsbruck, Austria , 2013
- Received GPU servers and Desktop computers of worth Rs. 5.5Lakh as a donation from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), New Delhi in 12th May, 2017 to develop a High Performance Computing Laboratory in Electrical Dept of SGSITS, Indore.
- Appreciation from National Project Implementation Unit (NPIU), New Delhi for contribution in Assessment of Online UG/PG subjects in the Curriculum. 6Th Jan, 2020.
- Certificate of Appreciation from AICTE and Texas Instruments (TI) for fostering the ecosystem bridging Government, Academia and Industry in the training program of TI Embedded System Design using MSP430 MCU MOOC during 2020-21.